Victoria Sponge Cake - A royal cake
Strength Post workout meal
Victoria Sponge Cake is a royal cake from Great Britain, and was Queen Victoria's favorite dessert! foodspring has revisited it so that you too can make yourself a royal dessert! 2 sponge cakes, topped with strawberry jam and vanilla cream or whipped cream. We told you, a royal dessert!
- For the sponge cake:
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil Coconut oil
- 350 g skyr (Icelandic yogurt)
- 200 g stevia
- 320 g spelled flour
- 80 g Vanilla Whey Protein Vanilla
- 1 sachet baking powder
- optional powdered sugar
- For the topping:
- 300 g skyr (Icelandic yogurt)
- 30 g Vanilla Whey Protein
- 100 g raspberry jam, sugar free
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- In a salad bowl, pour the eggs, coconut oil, yogurt and stevia. Mix everything until you obtain a creamy mixture.
- Then add the flour, Whey and baking powder and mix everything together to create a dough.
- Prepare two identical molds with baking paper or a little oil in each mold. Divide the dough and spread it evenly in each pan.
- Bake for 20 min. Then let cool completely.
- For the topping, mix the Whey yogurt in a bowl.
- Cover one of the sponge cakes with jam and then with the yogurt / whey mixture. Cover everything with the second sponge cake.
- Garnish the Victoria Sponge Cake with powdered sugar or foodspring Coconut Spread. Cut into 10 pieces and serve.
- Enjoy your meal !